Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Procrastinator Extraordinaire

I'm not sure what explains occasional absences--they are not deliberate vacations from blogging or blog checking.  They just happen.  

Keeping up with my mail has also been pretty haphazard.  
 Belated replies 

 I have been good about keeping up with my daily yoga practice, though.  The longest I've gone recently without skipping a day has been 12 days in a row in May.  Then I missed a day, and had to begin my count again.  Sometimes, I only make 4 or 5 days before skipping a day. I'm back up to another 12 days in a row; keeping my fingers crossed.  Missing a day doesn't make me feel guilty, it just messes up my count.  I'm continually beginning again.  

Inspired by Laura Kemshall's "Motto Cushions," I decided to give one a try.  Sort of.  Left off the motto and made it very small--maybe a pin cushion.  Since I still have a few more pieces of wool felt, I'm going to try a larger one.  With a motto or short quote.  :)

I found these gorgeous creatures here.
 Source: imgur.com
"Meet pink orchid mantis, it belongs to the flower mantises species and look like flowers. It is found in the rainforest of Southeast Asia."
Source: jorapache.deviantart.com
"It is Janthina janthina commonly known as purple snail. Its spire has a light purple shade and ventral side has darker purple."
Sometimes, Mother Nature just takes your breath away.

10 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you again. Sometimes life gets busy in other ways and it is hard to keep up with everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! Life has so many interesting options...and plenty of those things that, while not particularly interesting or enjoyable, must be done. :) Something always has to take a backseat.

      Delete
  2. Love all your incoming and outgoing mail! I get right in there and look closely at everything! You are way, way better at your correspondence than I am. Maybe someday I'll feel like I have enough time to do as much of that as I would like to. You are a great inspiration for me to keep plugging along at it as best I can for now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still owe some letters, but sometimes I simply can't think of a thing to say. At other times, I'm writing letters in my head during the day. :) Wish I could remember when I take pen in hand!

      Delete
  3. Good Morning! So nice to see your post. I've been pretty lax in posting. I've just been so busy enjoying the summer weather and catching up on necessary duties outside. Mail can wait a bit. As long as you are well, happy, and enjoying life.
    xx, CArol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Carol, there are plenty of outside duties right now. Our June has not been as hot as usual, and I have not minded the garden chores at all. Pretty sure July will put an end to outside pleasures for much of the day. Glad you are enjoying your summer!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful mail, and gorgeous creatures -- thanks for that link! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't the colors awesome! The mantis does look like an orchid and the snail is like a jewel!

      Delete
  5. Lovely, lovely! I do like your art too-quite inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A trip to the mailbox usually cheers me up. :)

      Delete

Good to hear from you!