Tuesday, May 02, 2017

Catch Up

I had the first two pics ready to post over a week ago (and in true procrastinator's  style) here they are quite late.  Erin brought Max and Mila up for Comic Con, and Bryce Eleanor couldn't wait for her cousins to arrive.   Max and Mila's costumes are from the Homestuck anime (John Egbert and Mituna) and B.E.  is Eevee of Pokemon fame.  I think both my daughters did a great job with the costumes!   


There were so many cute kid costumes,
but these three were too funny.
Everyone wanted their picture. :)
Later, they won the costume contest for kids.

Write_On and National Letter Writing Month are done, finished, and uh, incomplete.
  I managed 27 pieces of mail (not counting 3 or 4 bills) that went out in April. 
 Here are the final 3 were posted on Saturday, April 29.

I could have done the final three to make 30 and driven to the P.O. to mail them on Sunday, but it didn't happen.   It will take a little while before I'm back in the letter-writing mode.  The pressure was too much for me; mail vacation required!  

The garden got more attention last week, though.  Here are some early morning pictures that Stinker managed to photo bomb--check the black and white behind the rosemary.

 I love citronella (and all pergolariums);
the scent is delicious!

 The Lenten rose at the bottom
has bloomed and bloomed.

Eventually, the cuphea will spread and
cover most of the area around the fountain.
 Stinker posed for this one.
And then the sun...



I had laser "surgery" on my right eye for glaucoma on the 17th.  They schedule these for late in the afternoon, and I was home by 6:00.  Easy peasy.  Hardly interfered with my reading at all :) --as long as I kept the blurry right eye closed.  By the next day, all was back to normal.  Easy peasy.  Left eye scheduled for May 18.  

Happy May!

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful garden. I love the fountain -- perfect place to meditate. You should spoil yourself for awhile, with no deadlines or numbers to reach. Just enjoy the spring and let go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Penny! The re-vamped garden will be much less work now that it is pretty much in place. As much as I enjoy making envelopes and postcards, I do need a break to get back to a more relaxed snail mail process. :)

      Delete
  2. Good to know the treatment went well. And so many lovely - and entertaining! - things to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The process was so quick, nothing like when having the Lasik surgery for nearsightedness. In and out. :)

      Delete
  3. Your garden is SO beautiful! Okay, you're on a bit of a mail vacation, so I'll wait a short while to reply to your latest letter...and thanks for it, BTW! So they can correct glaucoma with laser surgery these days? That's so cool. Glad you're recovered again so soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Connie! This garden will require less maintenance than previous gardens, and I like the simplicity.

      :) My right hand and my ideas for envelopes have gotten tired so a short break. How did you do with the challenge?

      The glaucoma correction is not necessarily permanent, but hopefully it will last a few years!

      Delete
  4. What lovely space. And chimes! My rosemary died but I discovered how to start new plants. I imagined we'd have to buy another mother. Geraniums are related to citronella? The leaves look a lot alike. Must go Google the plants!

    Here's to swift and healthy healing. See well!

    I so like your winding path. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Limner! Yep, rosemary roots well, and it is hard to have too much of it! Scented Geraniums are in the same genus, I think, but they are perennials and the flowers are small. Cintronella is one, but they come in so many wonderful fragrances including apricot, lemon, chocolate mint, rose, orange.

      Delete
  5. I love your garden. We have had rain and too cool temps for more than the last week. My weeds are growing faster than my flowers!! My youngest grandson (20) is VERY into comic con. He just attending the one in Chicago a couple of weeks ago. His character is kind of Viking ish. His costume is pretty impressive. A day in Chicago in costume was pretty fun too.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so funny to see how the costumes transform people. Mila is usually shy, but as Mituna was she was outgoing and dramatic. :) I bet the Chicago Comic Con was a sight to behold!

      Delete
  6. Oh what a LOVELY garden!!!! Hey-so glad your eye surgery went so well! Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debra! When we moved, and I had to leave my huge cottage garden, I was sad. Now, I realize that this small garden is more than enough to care for!

      Delete

Good to hear from you!