Sunday, April 09, 2017

Mail Art and Other Stuff

I've been watching a little K Drama, 
and playing with various threads.
This one is 2 x 2 inches
and kept my hands occupied while watching 
episodes of Hwrang.


Gardening has also been a daytime activity this week.  Weeding, planting.
Getting dirt under the fingernails despite wearing gloves.
Temperatures have varied--a lot.
April 1 was 86 degrees, April 2 was 69 degrees.

Outgoing Mail for National Letter Writing Month
April 1-9:


and six postcards

Incoming from Melody in Singapore
I'd love to visit some day.  :)


8 comments:

  1. Love the painting panda - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made a copy of a page from a children's book by Jon J. Muth before putting it away! All of his books are beautifully illustrated. :)

      Delete
  2. That threads thingy looks pretty cool. Nice way to pass the time while watching the telly. Teriffic mail! The panda idea is so cute. Love the postcards...I see a read bag one in there. :-) Lovely postcard from Singapore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, another tea bag from last year! I never know what to do with the thread thingies--sometimes I add them to cover a hole or stain on clothing. They usually start with left-over lengths of floss and pearl cotton that I couldn't throw away and keep my hands occupied without requiring much thought. :)

      Delete
  3. Such lovely art-it's always inspiring to visit your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Debra! It keeps me busy, although I wish I had your artistic abilities!

      Delete
  4. I love your 'thread play' -- its always nice to keep our hands busy. I also love your mail art. You are a 'work and a wonder'!!! I envy your energy *smile*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like making these little embroidered pieces; they are a soothing pastime. Most of what I do takes little energy--the garden on the other hand can wear me out!

      Delete

Good to hear from you!